Veda is an all-in-one solution for schools and colleges. Currently, the market leader in EdTech in Nepal with more than 800 schools and 1.4 million regular users, we have set foot on the global market and currently working in Brunei. Our mission is to be a global brand and reshape how schools & colleges are operated, managed and taught.
Our team is driven by a culture of transparency, collaboration, innovation, inclusion, trust and learning.
If you want to be a part of one of the fastest-growing tech companies in Nepal, if you believe in making an impact through products and are not afraid to tackle challenges head-on; probably this job is for you.
The ideal candidate will efficiently and quickly develop advanced applications for the Android platform in a timely and scalable way and maintain the existing codebase, including troubleshooting bugs and adding new features. This candidate will be able to test the code and make adjustments where necessary. They should also be experienced in contributing to the whole software design lifecycle.
- Developing advanced applications for the Android platform
- Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Bug fixing and improving application performance
- Write clean, well-designed code
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Maintain existing codebase, including troubleshooting bugs and adding new features
- Troubleshoot and test core product software to ensure robust optimisation
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency
Desired Candidate Profile
- 4+ years of experience working with Kotlin / Java and Android SDK
- Proven working experience in Android app development
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Must have experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experienced working with databases (SQL)
- Strong command of working with databases
- Autonomous, fast self-learner, intuitive, dependable with time and task management, adaptable and a great team player
- Must have published at least one Android app
- Having good communication & analytical skill
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the complete mobile development life cycle.
Note: We highly recommend that the candidates consider the text in bold under the candidate profile section before applying.
- Strategic Prospecting
- Android SDK
- Time Management
- Android Studio
- RESTful API
- Third-party Libraries
- No. of Vacancy/s: [ 2 ]
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Offered Salary: Negotiable