Veda is an all-in-one solution for schools and colleges. Currently, the market leader in EdTech in Nepal with more than 700 schools and 1.2 million regular users, we have set foot on the global market and currently working in Brunei. Our mission is to be a global brand and reshape how schools & colleges are operated, managed, and taught.
Our team is driven by a culture of transparency, collaboration, innovation, inclusion, trust, and learning.
If you want to be a part of one of the fastest-growing tech companies in Nepal, if you believe in making an impact through products and are not afraid to tackle challenges head-on; probably this job is for you.
The ideal candidate will efficiently and quickly write PHP(Symfony) in a timely and scalable way in order to improve the code-base of the company's products in meaningful ways. This candidate will be able to test the code and make adjustments where necessary. They should also be experienced in contributing to the whole software design lifecycle.
- Write clean, well-designed code
- Responsible for designing and working with databases.
- Should be able to understand program flow chart, programming methods, and documentation procedure.
- Participate in a team-oriented environment to develop complex web-based applications: by working with front-end developers, designers, supervisors, project managers, and other back-end developers.
- Maintain existing codebase, including troubleshooting bugs and adding new features.
- Troubleshoot and test core product software to ensure robust optimization
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle.
Desired Candidate Profile
- At least 2+ years of experience working with Symfony framework.
- Good knowledge of Common PHP exploits and their solutions.
- Good Knowledge of Synchronous behaviors of PHP.
- Must have working experience and knowledge of Core PHP and Object-Oriented PHP.
- Experienced with SQL who can work with raw queries in SQL.
- Experience in NoSQL databases PostgreSQL and MongoDB and their declarative query language.
- Good Knowledge of Database fundamentals, Store Procedure, trigger, and concurrency control.
- Experienced with developing RESTful APIs and working with API-based systems.
- Good Knowledge of programming principles and design patterns.
- Good knowledge of Test Driven Development principles.
- Experience working with Application servers like Apache, Nginx
- Experience with Docker, Git, and CI/CD
- Good Knowledge of software development methodologies(Scrum/Kanban) and tools(Jira)
- Good knowledge of System Analysis and Design, UML diagrams, and can prepare technical documentation.
- Autonomous, fast self-learner, intuitive, dependable with time and task management, adaptable, and a great team player.
- Having good communication & analytical skill.
Note: We highly recommend that the candidates consider the text in bold under the candidate profile section before applying.
Symfony Developer: 2+ Years Experience - 3 positions
Senior Level: 5+ years experience - 2 positions
- Core PHP
- RESTful API
- No. of Vacancy/s: [ 5 ]
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Offered Salary: Negotiable